Who We Are:
Established in 1986, Ground Effects has grown to become a multi-faceted supplier of interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry. We are a global company, headquartered in Windsor, Ontario.
At GFX, we have created a culture that values long-standing employees and excellence in everything we do. Employees can expect to be a part of a great team that values safety and quality.
Who You Are:
Ground Effects is looking for a Cabinet Maker to join our International Seating and Décor division. International Seating and Décor is a vibrant company that has become a leader in the production of custom designed commercial cabinetry and architectural millwork.
What You Can Expect From the Role
The responsibilities of the Cabinet Maker team member are as follows:
1. Receive daily instruction from the Plant Manger and carry out duties as required
2. Ensure that machine or required tools are set up as per instructions from Plant Manager or Lead Hand
3. Ensure that work is being carried out as per work instructions ( including quality requirements) and that all work is checked for correctness.
4. Perform work so that production requirements are met
5. Perform any work in a safe manner according to the Company Health and Safety Policy. Alert Supervisor of any problems or concerns related to safety
6. Ensure that all tools and machinery are respected and used correctly as to prevent damage
7. Ensure work area including machine and floor are cleaned upon completion of use
8. Ensure that products are properly handled to prevent damage
9. Immediately notify Supervisor of any non-conforming material or product
10. Ensure that product is packaged and loaded correctly to avoid damage
11. Ensure all finished goods when packaged have job numbers clearly marked with description of contents for identification purposes
12. Attend and provide input in production meetings
What Qualifications and Skills Do You Possess?
1. Grade 12 education
2. Experience in woodworking environment an asset
3. Knowledge of reading a tape measure, blueprints, and handling various tools and asset and may be required for specific jobs
4. Must be aware of quality, productivity, and safety standards as it relates to the job being performed and ensure that they are consistently met
5. Must be team oriented.
Are you ready to COME GROW WITH US?!
Please visit our website for more information about Ground Effects www.gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time