This Cabinet Maker position is to assist the International Seating and Decor division at Ground Effects in the development and support of company applications.
- Receive daily instruction from the Plant Manger and carry out duties as required
- Ensure that machine or required tools are set up as per instructions from Plant Manager or Lead Hand
- Ensure that work is being carried out as per work instructions ( including quality requirements) and that all work is checked for correctness.
- Perform work so that production requirements are met
- Perform any work in a safe manner according to the Company Health and Safety Policy. Alert Supervisor of any problems or concerns related to safety
- Ensure that all tools and machinery are respected and used correctly as to prevent damage
- Ensure work area including machine and floor are cleaned upon completion of use
- Ensure that products are properly handled to prevent damage
- Immediately notify Supervisor of any non-conforming material or product
- Ensure that product is packaged and loaded correctly to avoid damage
- Ensure all finished goods when packaged have job numbers clearly marked with description of contents for identification purposes
- Attend and provide input in production meetings
- Grade 12 education
- Experience in woodworking environment an asset
- Knowledge of reading a tape measure, blueprints, and handling various tools and asset and may be required for specific jobs
- Must be aware of quality, productivity, and safety standards as it relates to the job being performed and ensure that they are consistently met
- Must be team oriented.