Chemical Process Specialist
Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Chemical Process Specialist to support two facilities in Windsor, Ontario. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since its inception in 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with good communication, and organizational skills and would be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Minimum -2 years of experience as a Process Control Engineer (Chemical Coatings Engineer) in a chemical coatings manufacturing setting preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Must be familiar with IATF 16949 requirements especially as it relates to machine maintenance activities.
- Must have a strong mechanical background.
- Must have blueprint reading knowledge.
- Must be team oriented and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills a definite asset.
- Must have excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, pneumatics and hydraulics a definite asset.
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver's license.
- Knowledge of Basic Plumbing a definite asset.
- Sound problem solving skills and ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and developing alternative solutions.
- Excellent project management abilities in developing and coordinating project plans.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed.
- Conducting technical feasibility studies focusing on company’s corrosion and coating applications.
- Organizational support – following policies and procedures.
- Providing chemical engineering support providing application product and operational expertise in the area of chemical coatings to company’s clients and distributors.
- Responsible for visual inspection for quality, detecting defects in products coming off the line, and informing the machine operator of any problems with the material.
- Responsible for maintaining, measuring and monitoring all equipment on the e-coat line and overseeing the reports submitted by Senior E-Coat Technicians.
- Responsible for gathering data from all three shifts and preparing reports for Management on E-Coat related discrepancies for correction.
- Responsible for ensuring all PH and conductivity tests are completed on each shift and appropriate chemical balancing is done.
- Responsible for training of ECoat technicians
- Responsible for ensuring Preventative Maintenance is completed on all three shifts
- Check and adjust paint thickness as required
- Control and test waste treatment adding chemicals as required and ensuring proper disposal
- Ensure proper oven temperatures are maintained
- Check all temperature gages on all tanks and adjust as required
- Ensure that flow rates on all back-flow valves are correct and adjust as necessary
- Monitor tanks and add or adjust chemical additives as required
- Ensure that chemical drums are changed as required.
- Check percentage of paid solids of paint tank and post rinses 1, 2, &3.
- Monitor DC voltage and Amperage of rectifier.
- Start up and shut down e-coat line as required.
- Control the production of D.I. water adjusting the chemical level as required.
- Ensure that filters and absorbent padding is changed as required.
- Ensure that tanks are emptied and recharged as required.
- Responsible for housekeeping of area.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.