Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Commodity Buyer to assist the Purchasing department at the corporate head office in Windsor, Ontario. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior/exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
· 8-10 years' of purchasing experience within a manufacturing industry preference in automotive.
· Technical college diploma and / or university degree
· SCMP designation or equivalent preferred
· Require highly effective skills in organization, planning and communication and the ability to work in a team environment
· Detail and goal-oriented
· Strong business computer skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are mandatory
· Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office applications, SharePoint, Electronic Project Management Systems, including data base manipulation
· Define, develop and implement strategy for the assigned commodity, including management and optimization of the supplier panel.
· Lead the negotiations process including timelines and facilitate the decision-making process. Negotiate best contract (commercial and technical package) for Procurement requirements. Ensure commercial gatekeeping during implementation.
· Work with the engineering team during early stage of design to influence cost and lead time. Promote standardization, modularization, and upstream integration.
· Drive cross-functional team to perform Supplier capacity/capability assessments.
· Work with critical and/or challenged suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and First Pass Yield to target levels. Act as an escalation point for the Production Buyers, and manage critical supplier recovery schedules to meet organization’s demand requirements.
· Understand and track performance of the organizations spend, supply market, costs, and tiers of suppliers.
· Conduct and evaluate competitive intelligence, market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events.
· Support development of business cases and track supplier performance and cost savings.
· Manage the business review process with suppliers to ensure that market trends, supplier performance and the future business needs of the sectors are aligned.
Those interested can submit a resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.