Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Controller to join our Accounting department at the corporate head office in Windsor, Ontario. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since its inception in 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
Successful candidates for this position must be team players and able to work in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from the President, Vice President of Finance and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- The incumbent coordinates the flow and process of the Company MRP system to ensure that the organization is operating in the most effective and efficient manner possible. As the need arises, the incumbent will develop and implement policies and procedures regarding the administrative process of the system and provide training accordingly.
- The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the Standard Costing system for the company. This includes reviewing the status of all program/product costings on a regular basis to ensure that the costings are accurate and timely. Develop and maintain policies regarding timing of review.
- Assist, organize and manage the year end physical inventory process in conjunction with the materials department.
- The incumbent is responsible for providing direction and leadership to all direct reports which includes the assignment of work, attendance management, performance management and issues involving corrective action.
- Post-secondary degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA designation is preferred.
- Three to five years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office andable to thrive in a fast-pace setting.
- Advanced level skills in MS Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.