Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Financial Analystto assist the Accounting department at the corporate head office in Windsor, Ontario.Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since its inception in 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
In this role, the successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for assisting that position with various financial and accounting functions.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with good communication and organizational skills and would be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain the inventory costing system and process on an ongoing basis
- Assist the accounting department with the annual physical inventory
- Provide input and recommendations within the computer system to help achieve an effective costing process
- Review monthly account reconciliations for specified accounts
- Participate in the financial performance results with budget vs actual variances
- Improve financial status by identifying and analyzing trends; recommending actions
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications within the system; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses and recommendations. Analyze financial reports and translate them into concise summaries for management
- Support the coordination and preparation of the month end close process as well as budget and forecast process
- Prepare financial models to support different budget and forecast scenarios
- Develop studies/recommendations for cost reduction and profit improvement programs as requested by management
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of progressive experience in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations.
- Possess sound financial and business insights.
- Good communication skills in written and verbal formats.
- Advanced level skills in MS Excel.
- Self Motivated
- Team Player
Please reply by email to Recruitment@gfxltd.com or by fax to 519-946-0185.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.