Who We Are:
Established in 1986, Ground Effects has grown to become a multi-faceted supplier of interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry. We are a global company, headquartered in Windsor, Ontario.
At GFX, we have created a culture that values long-standing employees and excellence in everything we do. Employees can expect to be a part of a great team that values safety and quality.
Who You Are:
Ground Effects is looking for a Finisher to join our International Seating and Décor division. International Seating and Décor is a vibrant company that has become a leader in the production of custom designed commercial cabinetry and architectural millwork
What Qualifications and Skills Do You Possess
- Grade 12 education
- Wood finishing is an asset
- Print reading is preferred
- Must be a self-starter and detail oriented
- Must be aware of quality, productivity, and safety standards as it relates to the job being performed
- Must be team oriented
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs
What You Can Expect From the Role:
- Receive daily instructions from Shift Supervisor and carry out duties as required
- Ensure that machines or required tools are set up as per instructions from Shift Supervisor or Lead Hand
- Ensure that work is being carried out as per work instructions (including quality requirements) and that all work is checked for correctness
- Perform work so that production requirements are met
- Perform sanding and application of stain with a cloth
- Perform work in a safe manner according to the Company Health and Safety Policy
- Alert Supervisor of any problems or concerns relating to safety
- Ensure that all tools and machinery are respected and used correctly as to prevent damage
- Ensure work area including machinery and floor are cleaned upon completion of use
- Ensure that products are properly handled to avoid damage
- Immediately inform Supervisor and/or Quality Coordinator of any non-conforming material or product
- Ensure that our product is packaged and loaded correctly to avoid damage
- Ensure all finished goods when packaged have job numbers clearly marked with description of contents, for identification purposes
- Attend and provide input in production meetings
Are you ready to COME GROW WITH US?!
Apply today! Those interested can submit a resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in our organization!
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.