Ground Effects is looking for a General Manager to join our International Seating and Décor division. International Seating and Décor is a vibrant company that has become a leader in the production of custom designed commercial cabinetry and architectural millwork. The General Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership for the overall operations of their business unit. This role is to effectively and efficiently manage the development and directions of the operational team to drive the growth of revenue, productivity and promote high quality customer satisfaction while building relationships and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations with their respective Plant Manager.
Customer Focus, Communication, Quality Orientation, Adaptability/ Flexibility, Creative and Innovative Thinking, Decision Making and Judgement, Planning and Organizing, Problem Solving, Result Focus, Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring, Ensuring Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations, Utilizing internal resource.
· Post-Secondary diploma or degree in the Architectural Technology field preferred
· 5-10 years previous management experience in Architectural Millwork or Cabinetry environment with proven leadership abilities
· Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes
· Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles
· A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization
· Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
· High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
· Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
· A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Establishes the overall vision and direction for the implementation of their business unit operation
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance objectives
- Monitor departmental/plant unit performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary
- Meet regularly with plant manager and Department heads to facilitate resolution of issues/problems for their plant and/or their departments
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements at the plant level, responsible for utilizing internal resources for recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management to support overall direction for the plant
- Manage the morale in the plant by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic with subordinates for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers
- Supports the analysis and reporting of the plant on the daily, monthly and annually department's key performance indicators and industry trends
- Handle customer enquiries and complaints which are escalated from the plant, analyzing the customer's concern and present options to solve their issue
- Examines reports to determine the operational efficiencies and activities of the plant to ensure optimum performance
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required
Those interested can submit a resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.