Help Desk Technician
Summary:Ground Effects is looking for a Help Desk Technician to assist the IT department at the corporate head office in Windsor, Ontario. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since its inception in 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
The Help Desk Technician will be the first point of contact for all IT service desk incidents and requests for our customer. The Technician will field customer calls, troubleshoot, document and resolve IT related issues based on solutions found in the knowledge base. The Technician must work in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring customer service metrics are met.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with good communication and organizational skills and would be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Graduate of a College program preferably in Information Systems or equivalent.
- One to Two years’ experience supporting computers in a networked environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting capability.
- Previous successful customer service experience.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and embrace change.
- Strong analytical, technical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be process and procedure oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet changing call volume levels.
- Must be able to communicate technical information to customers in a non-technical manner.
- Strong knowledge of and/or experience supporting Windows and MS Office products.
- Technical training in Information Systems.
- Experience with current desktop and server operating systems (Linux knowledge would be an asset).
- Experience with desktop productivity applications and Lotus Notes would be an asset.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's licence.
- Working knowledge of business printing systems.
- Related industry specific certifications.
- To provide level 1 and some level 2 support on issues within production/manufacturing and office environments.
- Address and triage issues as they come into the department and address based on priority status.
- Perform installation and maintenance on IT related equipment to ensure ideal uptime of each item.
- Organize, coordinate, and follow through to completion IT-related activities to support upgrades, expansions, replacements. An example of this is coordinating network drops on plant floor.
- Perform document and change management to ensure all key stakeholders have pertinent and up to date information. Keep ticketing system up to date ensuring time is captured and tickets are properly managed to ensure KPI’s are properly measured.
- Manage all software and hardware access and support of central business systems.
- Answer incoming calls and log all customer questions and issues accurately and efficiently into ticketing system.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network related issues.
- Provide restorative or maintenance actions to resolve end-user issues.
- Assist with defining and documenting knowledge base articles.
- Assist with special project work as needed.
- Will escalate problems to the next level of support when necessary.
- Consistently meet or exceed required performance criteria.
- May be required to work shift work to support 24 hour operations.
- Will be required to be available on-call.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.