Human Resources Generalist - Oshawa
Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our HR team. The position is based in Whitby, ON. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior/exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
· Maintain and communicate company policy to supervision and associates.
· Participate in the recruiting process, confirm recruiting strategy with HR team, interview candidates, coordinate offer approval, coach managers on recruiting process and vendor management to facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions.
· Perform tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, occupational health and safety, training and development, etc.
· Participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations as required
· Promote, implement, and communicate activities regarding policies, regulations and standards related to employment and occupational issues for hourly and salary staff
· Manage monthly HR metrics (attendance, hiring activities, etc.) for the Oshawa facility.
· Organize employee onboarding, coordinate training and development initiatives
· Promote HR programs to create an effective and conflict-free workplace
· Offer accurate information/support to employees on HR-related topics such as compensation, benefits and leaves; and resolve any issues that may arise.
· Act as an advisor by providing advice guidance and/or coaching on sensitive, confidential and complex HR issues, ensuring compliance with GFX policies, Employment Standards and other regulatory employment and human rights requirements
· Maintain training matrix for Oshawa facility to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal and certification requirements.
· Responsible for hourly employee attendance tracking, vacation tracking and issuing of appropriate corrective actions.
· Assist with health and safety, WSIB, STD/LTD program/policies as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Post Secondary Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or related field
· CHRP/CHRL designation preferred
· 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources (ISO/TS16949 manufacturing environment preferred)
· Strong administrative skills and high attention to detail
· Ability to build long term relationships and put effort in earning trust
· Sound knowledge of all HR disciplines including performance management, recruitment, employee relations, learning and development, talent management, compensation, WSIB, Health and Safety, etc.
· Collaborative, proactive and results oriented
· Experience in the automotive manufacturing industry preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies.
· Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
· Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
· Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
· Excellent time and project management skills.
Those interested can submit a resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.