Human Resources Generalist - Oshawa/Bolton
Summary: No looking back, get into gear with an exciting opportunity with Ground Effects. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior/exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more. Are you ready to start an exciting career with us as a Human Resources Generalistto support our Oshawa and Boltonfacilities in a temporary contract role. If you have the experience we are looking for apply today to become a part of the GFX family!
- Maintains and communicates company policy to supervision and associates for consistent and fair compliance in administration for all associates.
- HR generalist in the areas of employee life cycle, recruitment/hiring, orientation, payroll updates, new hire paperwork, training and development and contract workforce management.
- Responsible for internal and external recruitment, hourly and salary, as directed by the HR Manager, coordinating with managers to conduct interviews and recommendations for placement.
- Attend Career Fairs, networking events, seminars, etc. in order to keep up to date with industry trends.
- Administers benefit program, employee service, disability administration, maintenance and communication of employee information and/or including benefit invoicing reconciliation.
- Monitor and maintain training records.
- Responsible for hourly employee attendance tracking, vacation tracking and issuing of appropriate corrective actions.
- Assist with health and safety program/policies.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with regards to all activities in the Human Resources Department.
- Post secondary education in Human Resources Management required.
- 3- 5 years of work experience in HR Generalist role required.
- Experience in the automotive manufacturing industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent typing skills, including proper spelling and grammar.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
- Ability to use general office equipment.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Motivated individual with proven initiative.
- Customer-Focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Temporary position with travel required between two locations in Oshawa and Bolton.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.