Machine Maintenance (Plastic Injection Molding)
Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Machine Maintenance Associate working steady afternoons to support our manufacturing facility Kingsville, Ontario. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since its inception in 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years experience in plastic injection presses, diagnostics and repair.
- Experience with IATF16949 system or equivalent.
- Post Secondary education in a related field
- A certificate in Industrial Electronic Repair is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of TSSA and ESA requirements.
- Certification as an industrial Maintenance Mechanic is an asset.
- Must have a strong mechanical background and have a general understanding of the function and operation of fabrication equipment. Familiar with transfer/pick and place equipment.
- Satisfactory completion of all in house training.
- Certified Lift Truck Driver, lockout/tagout, working at heights (fall arrest) preferred.
- Knowledge of Electrical/Electronic circuit boards, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Ensure that manufacturing equipment is maintained on a per schedule basis to limit downtime and maximize uptime in daily operations. Develop and Maintain spare parts inventory system utilizing risk assessment
- Work and direct work to ensure compliance with IATF 16949, QMS, customer and legal requirements.
- Work with other management team members in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and goals.
- Assist in maintenance of clean, organized, and safe plant environment.
- Support JHSC health and safety initiatives.
- Ensure that Health & Safety items are prioritized.
- Troubleshoot & repair equipment as required.
- Perform new equipment validation and testing.
- Participate in equipment design & development for specialty equipment/automation.
- Oversee contractors performing work on Ground Effects property.
- Review all Quality processes for changes, risk, and opportunities.
- Prepare and present measures of effectiveness and efficiency for all quality processes.
- Complete and maintain PM programs on all equipment.
- Maintain spare parts inventory system utilizing risk assessment.
- Support monthly communication meetings.
- Assign maintenance team labor allocations.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.