Who We Are:
Established in 1986, Ground Effects has grown to become a multi-faceted supplier of interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry. We are a global company, headquartered in Windsor, Ontario.
At GFX, we have created a culture that values long-standing employees and excellence in everything we do. Employees can expect to be a part of a great team that values safety and quality.
Who You Are:
Ground Effects is currently searching for Millwrights to join our Maintenance team in Windsor, Ontario.
In this role, you will be working with manufacturing, metal fabrication, automotive assembly, equipment fabrication, automotive parts and machinery within our corporate headquarters/manufacturing operations facility. You have a few years of experience in the trade and ideally possess an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification. You have excellent problem-solving skills, possess a positive health and safety attitude and are passionate about continuous improvement.
What You Can Expect From the Role:
The responsibilities of the Millwright team member are as follows:
- Assembly, installing and adjusting of machinery and equipment
- Fabricating machine parts
- Start-up, testing, and shutdown operations
- Working with the following:
- Manufacturing, metal fabrication, automotive assembly, equipment fabrication and automotive parts
- Conveyors, gas plant and shop compressors, pumps and compressors
- Hoists and other lifting devices, grinders, welding equipment, automated and robotics systems, electrical and electronic controls
- Using lathes and other machining tools, power tools, fans and blowers, Hydraulic systems and pneumatic systems
- Must be able to handle weight lifting of up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Responsible to detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions and install machinery and mechanical equipment
- Repair or replace defective machinery parts, fabricate parts required during overhaul
- Perform routine maintenance work on machinery
- Assemble machinery prior to installation
- Operate machining tools to fabricate parts
What Qualifications and Skills Do You Possess?
- Completion of college or technical training
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification
- 3 years to 5 years of experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications is considered an asset
Other Important Details You Need to Know:
- Travel may be required.
- You must be able to conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Are you ready to COME GROW WITH US?!
Submit your resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com today!
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in our organization!
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.