Summary:Ground Effects is looking for a Networking Administrator to assist the IT department at the corporate head office in Windsor, Ontario.Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since its inception in 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more. The Networking Technician will provide technical support in all areas of the IT department, but will focus primarily on the networking and communications infrastructure; both forward facing and central technologies. The administrator will work on wireless networking infrastructure, systems monitoring, and digital communication systems.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with good communication, and organizational skills and would be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- 3 Years Experience in Networking Technologies
- College Diploma in Networking Technologies
- Understanding of TCP/IP configuration within various operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- IP Sub netting
- Router Provisioning
- Troubleshooting WAN connections
- Troubleshooting router configuration
- Interact and troubleshoot with tier one providers
- Ability to implement design upgrades to WAN connections
- Ability to use Excel, Word, and Power Point from Microsoft ATM knowledge and skills
- Be first responder to IT Tickets assigned to the Networking Department to resolve issues related to Networking and Networking infrastructure that Helpdesk cannot resolve.
- Work with Sr. Networking Technician on troubleshooting, administering, maintaining, and upgrading Ground Effects Networking Systems
- Apply security and antivirus solutions to ensure systems are properly protected.
- Actively monitor and respond to Monitoring and Alarming system to ensure high quality and effectively 100% availability of Ground Effects systems
- Ensure all backups and replications will be properly scheduled, monitored, and verified to help ensure business continuity is achieved through proper best practice methods.
- Ensure phone and communication systems are working properly.
- Work directly with the senior Networking technician and the Helpdesk to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.