Summary: Ground Effects Ltd. is a leading supplier of accessories for the automotive industry. Reporting to the VP of Canadian/Asian Operations, we are looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes to include maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring customer requirements are met. The successful candidate shall be team oriented and possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years Management experience.
- Minimum grade 12 education is required, further education a definite asset.
- Must have strong leadership skills/backgrounds.
- Experience with solving customer and supplier concerns.
- Must have knowledge of IATF16949, ISO 14001 and the O.H.S.A..
- Must be team oriented and have excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must have blueprint reading knowledge.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Office and e-mail required.
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver's license.
- To oversee all plant operations to ensure that manufacturing activities are meeting customer's requirements.
- Ensure the orders are released in the chronological order (FIFO) unless circumstances dictate that the release date is overridden to comply with various customer needs.
- Maintain communication channels with direct reports so as to ensure efficient daily operations.
- Receive and review Shift reports from Production Supervisors.
- Ensure that production floor is equipped with proper work instructions and procedures to carry out manufacturing activities.
- Ensure all work in process is properly tagged in accordance with procedures and instructions.
- Ensure properly maintained equipment and appropriate trained associates are available to carry out manufacturing activities.
- Ensure that external and internal safe operating principles are in place and adhered to; complying with required Health and Safety laws and regulations.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of quality control plans.
- Review and disposition of nonconforming products and assist in providing solutions in prevention of their re-occurrence.
- Oversee product handling to ensure products are properly handled as to prevent damage and stored in designated areas.
- Provide input in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide leadership and direction to Production Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.