Production Associate - Windsor
Who We Are:
Established in 1986, Ground Effects has grown to become a multi-faceted supplier of interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry. We are a global company, headquartered in Windsor, Ontario.
At GFX, we have created a culture that values long-standing employees and excellence in everything we do. Employees can expect to be a part of a great team that values safety and quality.
Who You Are:
Ground Effects is currently searching for Production Associates to join our Production team in Windsor, Ontario.
We have roles available within our Packaging and Assembly facility as well as our E-coat, Powder-Coating facility. This is a hands-on role. Job rotation is common which will give you exposure to different machines, cells and parts. You have a great work ethic and are motivated to make positive contributions to the team. You have excellent teamworking skills, possess a positive health and safety attitude and are passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
What You Can Expect From the Role:
The responsibilities of the Production Associate (Packaging and Assembly) team member are as follows:
- Receive daily job responsibilities from the Production Supervisor and carry out duties as required.
- Ensure that work is being carried out as per work instructions (including quality requirements).
- Perform work so that production requirements are met and ensure that completed work sheet is handed into the shift leader.
- Ensure that all material whether in-process or non-conforming is tagged as per applicable procedures.
- Ensure that all material being shipped to the customer is properly labeled and packaged as per work instructions and customer packaging specifications.
- Work in compliance of the O.H.S.A. and site policies. Report all workplace incidents/accidents to the Supervisor. Use and wear the protective clothing, equipment or devices issued for protection and ensure that they are properly maintained. Notify Supervision if any protective material, equipment or device is missing or not functioning properly. Report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to housekeeping policies including 5 S initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
The responsibilities of the Production Associate (E-coat and Powder Coating) team member are as follows:
· Ensure that all raw material is removed from containers or racks and placed onto E-Coat and P-Coat racks for processing.
· Ensure that the proper number of parts are hung on proper racks for maximum efficiency.
· Ensure parts are off loaded properly and packaged into designated racks and proper containers or bins.
· Ensure that all containers are properly labeled by process, part number, and quantities.
· Sand and clean parts as required to ensure quality expectations are met.
· Ensure 100% inspection for zero defects.
· Assist other operators as directed by the Supervisor.
· Adhere to housekeeping and 5 S initiatives.
· Work in compliance of the O.H.S.A. and site policies. Report all workplace incidents/accidents to the Supervisor. Use and wear the protective clothing, equipment or devices issued for protection and ensure that they are properly maintained. Notify Supervisor if any protective material, equipment or device is missing or not functioning properly. Report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions. Ensure proper PPE is being worn.
· Update production board and Epicor as required.
· Ensure proper parts are hung and packaged per schedule.
· Adjust blower speed as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications and Skills Do You Possess?
· Must have a general understanding of Quality Systems Requirements IATF 16949.
· Must be aware of quality, productivity and safety standards as it relates to the job being performed and ensure that they are consistently met.
· Must be able to read blueprints.
· Should be team-oriented.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset.
· Knowledge and application of Epicor systems.
· Grade 12 education.
Other Important Details You Need to Know:
- Travel may be required.
- You must be able to conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Shift: Swing Shift or Steady Midnights
Are you ready to COME GROW WITH US?!
Apply today! Please submit your resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in our organization!
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.