Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Production Manager to assist and support our Manufacturing facility in Kingsville, Ontario. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior/exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing atmosphere preferably injection moulding
- Competency in time management, setting of priorities
- Post Secondary Education in related field
- Satisfactory completion of all in-house training
- Responsible for processing customer orders upon PO receipt.
- Plan and schedule manufacturing of finished goods as per daily lineup based on customer PO.
- Responsible for ordering all raw material, components, packaging needed to fulfill customer orders.
- Interact with customers to make sure customer needs are met in regards to part delivery and quality.
- Work together with Quality if any quality/production issues arise.
- Support quoting process by obtaining supplier cost for materials, components and logistics.
- Review with management/supervisors our machine and auxiliary equipment to ensure we have all the equipment needed to run production efficiently.
- Review any production/tool issues with Supervisors
- Approve vacation/day off requests
- Responsible for all floor staff timesheets in Dayforce
- Work and direct work to ensure compliance with IATF 16949, QMS, customer and legal requirements.
- Work with other management team members in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and goals.
- Assist in maintenance of clean, organized, and safe plant environment.
- Support JHSC health and safety initiatives
- Actively participate in contract review process
- Organize and assign inventory.
- Responsible for any issues/concerns with Material Handlers, Shipping/Receiving, Supervisors and Lead Hands
- To negotiate price reductions on all purchased material and components
- Support implementation and maintenance of relative areas of MRP system
- Maintain current capacity plan
- Management of logistics information; including scheduling all shipments and completing all required paperwork
- Review all Quality processes for changes, risk, and opportunities
- Prepare and present measures of effectiveness and efficiency for all quality processes.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.