Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Production Supervisor to support our manufacturing facility in Windsor, Ontario on a steady afternoon shift. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since its inception in 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
- Hand out daily job traveller to employees (check with Production/Plant Manager to be sure that jobs have been correctly designated.)
- Comply with the provisions of the O.H.S.A. and requirements and take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the workers.
- Ensure that 5S and Kaizen housekeeping practices are adhered to.
- Ensure that daily preventive maintenance schedules are being adhered to.
- The incumbent is responsible to establish and maintain communication with other people in roles of responsibility (i.e. quality, set-up, lift truck driver etc.) to ensure that production is running effectively and efficiently.
- Verbally and by completing the Shift Leader's Report, communicate with other shift supervisors in matters relating to production and quality (i.e. -problems, production goals being reached, machinery not working properly.)
- Ensure that employees are following all rules and codes of conduct established in the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure that employees involved in accidents receive the proper care required. All accidents must be documented on an Accident Report form accurately and completely.
- Ensure that all new personnel have received appropriate training on their job so that they are aware of Quality, Productivity and Safety requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction to production employees (direct reports) which include attendance management and performance management.
- Perform audits pertaining to 5S and Kaizen ensuring shop floor cleanliness
- When and where necessary, implement corrective action to bring about positive changes in employee to ensure optimum quality and efficiency.
- Complete performance appraisals in a timely manner for hourly employees
- Ensure proper completion of daily check sheets (verification sheets) to maximize employee performance and safety
- Ensure that employees are issued job travelers.
- Ensure that Daily Labour reports are edited, and tracked to oversee employee performance
- May be required to work above and beyond normal shift hours to ensure an understanding and completion of production requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production/Plant Manager
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Minimum grade 12 education required, further education a definite asset.
- Must be familiar with IATF 16949 requirements, ISO awareness, 5S and Kaizen policies, Heath the Safety legislative requirement and Significant Environmental Aspects including:
a) Waste Management
- Must have a strong technical background and have a general understanding of the function and operation of fabricating equipment.
- Must have blueprint reading knowledge.
- Must be team oriented, excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Computer literate- Excel, Lotus notes, Word, Epicor
- Must be knowledgeable in matters relating to health and safety.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.