Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Purchasing Manager at the corporate head office in Windsor, Ontario. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior/exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
· Five (5) years minimum experience as a Purchasing Manager.
· Background in a manufacturing environment as an OEM supplier is an asset.
· Some post-secondary education in a related field required.
· Familiarity with IATF 16949 and Significant Environmental Aspects including
a) Use of Hazardous Materials (WHMIS)
· P.M.A.C. certificate an asset.
· Knowledge and experience with Lotus 123, MS Word and Windows
· Must be team oriented.
· Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver's licence.
· Must have and maintain legal access/entry to the United States.
- Liaise with Quality Department in the qualification process of new suppliers.
- With Quality Department, define the type and extent of control required on suppliers.
- Maintain an approved vendor list in System 9000 software.
- Purchase materials from suppliers on Approved Vendor List.
- Ensure that all purchasing documents precisely identify the product required. These documents shall also specify all quality and delivery requirements.
- With the assistance of the Workplace Health and Safety Committee, ensure that all materials used in part manufacture meet all governmental legislation's with regards to safety.
- Purchase materials from a customer approved sub-contractor list where applicable.
- Plan purchases so as to enable suppliers to meet delivery requirements. Meet regularly with the Packaging and Production managers to coordinate purchases with production requirements.
- Monitor the delivery of performance of suppliers.
- Work with Quality department to monitor the quality levels of existing suppliers, assist them in their efforts towards continuous improvement of the products and services provided by suppliers to the company.
- Expedite any emergency requirements or outstanding orders.
- Attend and provide input into APQP meetings when required.
- Ensure all material is purchased at a competitive rate.
- Ensure that the O.H.S.A. and internal safe operating principles are in place and adhered to. Comply with provisions of the O.H.S.A. and Regulations and take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the worker.
Those interested can submit a resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.