Quality Assurance Release Analyst
Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Quality Assurance Release Analyst to assist the IT department at the corporate office in Windsor, Ontario.This positions primary responsibility will be for testing and managing the progression of software products into production. Plan, test and implement software changes to ensure that the products conform to the desired quality standard. The analyst would ensure the systems are operational and client ready.
Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since its inception in 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
- Plan and control the movement of releases to test and live environments
- Plan, create and maintain test environments for various use cases
- Review specifications, create/edit test suites, identify areas where test suites need improvement
- Validate applications against specifications, using documented test procedures, report and track defects
- Perform regression, integration and release testing for applications developed
- Collect and report metrics for test runs
- Collaborate with other team members, software developers and product management to ensure comprehensive test coverage
- Create required documentation for internal and external purpose (specification requirements, Test plan, Test report)
- Other Duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to anticipate user behavior or risks to systems
- In-depth understanding of the various testing concepts (e.g. functional, usability, performance)
- Understanding of basic waterfall and iterative project management concepts
- Ability to work independently
- Strong research and project management skills
- Must be able to provide a high level of customer service
- Experience testing applications in accordance to required functionality and non-functional quality attributes (e.g. availability, performance)
- Experience writing test plans and test cases
- Experience with scripting languages and Microsoft platform
- Ability to conduct manual and automated testing
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please visit our website for more information about Ground Effects www.gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.