Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Truck Driver to assist and support production needs at our facility in Windsor, Ontario.
- Must possess and maintain an appropriate and valid Driver's License issued by Ministry of Transportation.
- AZ License.
- Should have minimum 2 years experience driving a truck.
- Grade 12 education.
- Should be team oriented.
- Lift truck license (certification) a definite asset.
- Must have and maintain legal access/entry into the United States.
- Air brake certification, if applicable to vehicle driving.
- Truck driver should inspect load before leaving dock to ensure that it has been packaged and loaded so that it won't be damaged or cause an unsafe condition.
- Must chock wheels when backing into pit or dock.
- Must maintain communication with Logistics Coordinator (or designate) when driving in case of alternate plans (phone must be left on).
- Must ensure that material certifications are obtained where required.
- Driver must complete duties in a timely fashion.
- When not driving, the incumbent should see Logistics Coordinator for further duties.
- Ministry of Transportation regulations must be followed at all times.
- All highway regulations and laws must be followed at all times.
- All loading and unloading procedures at various suppliers must be followed.
- Work in compliance of the O.H.S.A. and site policies.
- Report all workplace incidents/accidents to your Supervisor.
- Use and wear the protective clothing, equipment or devices issued for protection and ensure that they are properly maintained.
- Notify Supervision if any protective material, equipment or device is missing or not functioning properly.
- Report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions.
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.