Who We Are:
Established in 1986, Ground Effects has grown to become a multi-faceted supplier of interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry. We are a global company, headquartered in Windsor, Ontario.
At GFX, we have created a culture that values long-standing employees and excellence in everything we do. Employees can expect to be a part of a great team that values safety and quality.
Who You Are:
Ground Effects is currently searching for a Truck Driverto join our Production team in Windsor, Ontario.
In this role, you will be driving a 53-foot semi truck, travelling primarily between Windsor and Toronto and Windsor and Michigan. You have an AZ License and at least two years of experience driving a truck. You have excellent time management and communication skills, and possess a positive health and safety attitude – especially regarding driving safety.
What You Can Expect From the Role:
The responsibilities of the Truck Driver team member are as follows:
- Inspect load before leaving dock to ensure that it has been packaged and loaded so that it won't be damaged or cause an unsafe condition.
- Must chock wheels when backing into pit or dock.
- Must maintain communication with Logistics Coordinator (or designate) when driving, in case of alternate plans. Phone must be left on at all times.
- Must ensure that material certifications are obtained where required.
- Complete duties and assignments in a timely fashion.
- When not driving, the incumbent should see the Logistics Coordinator for further duties.
- Follow the Ministry of Transportation regulations at all times.
- Follow all highway regulations and laws at all times.
- Follow all loading and unloading procedures at various suppliers.
- Work in compliance of the O.H.S.A. and site policies.
- Report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions.
- Report all workplace incidents/accidents to the Supervisor.
- Use and wear the protective clothing, equipment or devices issued for protection and ensure that they are properly maintained.
- Notify Supervision if any protective material, equipment or device is missing or not functioning properly.
What Qualifications and Skills Do You Possess?
- Must possess and maintain an appropriate and valid Driver's License issued by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Must hold a valid AZ License.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years of experience driving a truck.
- Grade 12 education required.
- Should be team-oriented.
- Lift truck license (certification) a definite asset.
- Must have and maintain legal access/entry into the United States.
- Must have an air brake certification, if applicable to vehicle driving.
Other Important Details You Need to Know:
- Travel may be required.
- You must be able to conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Shift: Swing Shift.
Are you ready to COME GROW WITH US?!
Apply today! Please submit your resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in our organization!
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.