Summary: Ground Effects is looking for a Warehouse Manager to join our team in Windsor, Ontario. Ground Effects Ltd. has dedicated itself to excellence since 1986 and has evolved into a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior/exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more.
- Must have three to five (3-5) years’ experience as a Warehouse Manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum grade 12 education is required; further education is a definite asset.
- Must be familiar with IATF 16949/ISO requirements, Health and Safety legislation and Significant Environmental Aspects including:
- Propane (Lift Truck Fuel), Surplus Resource Utilization/Energy Use, Waste Management and Use of Hazardous Materials (WHIMS)
- Must be team oriented and have excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills are a definite asset.
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver's license.
- Must have and maintain legal access/entry to the United States.
- Reporting to the Plant Manager, incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the warehouse operations. Provide leadership and direction to shipper, receivers and EDI Department. The Incumbent is responsible for salaried performance management, and attendance management. When necessary, implement corrective action to bring about positive change in direct reports to ensure optimum efficiency and quality.
- Ensure that orders are released in the chronological order (FIFO) unless circumstances dictate that the release date is overridden to comply with various customer needs.
- Per the IATF16949 requirements, ensure that worker area is equipped with proper work instructions and procedures to carry out shipping activities.
- Ensure all work in process is properly tagged in accordance with procedures and instructions.
- Ensure that the O.H.S.A. and internal safe operating principles are in place and adhered to.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of quality control plans.
- Review and disposition of nonconforming products and assist in providing solutions in prevent of their reoccurrence.
- Oversee product handling to ensure products are properly handled so as to prevent damage and stored in designated areas.
- Provide input in continuous improvement and APQP meetings. In addition, provide continuous review of departmental processes to improve overall efficiencies.
- Oversee inventory levels.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager or designate
Those interested can submit a resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.