Summary: Ground Effects is looking for Temporary Full Time Welders to join our production team at our facilities in Windsor, Ontario. Currently Ground Effects has openings on Swing Shift (Days & Afternoons) and Steady Midnights.
- Receive job traveler and print from Production Supervisor and carry out duties as per required
- Ensure that machine or job is set as per setup instruction with all required tools and fixturing (including checking fixtures) at job location.
- Ensure that work is being carried out as per work instructions (including quality requirements) first part off new set up to be checked by Q.A.
- Welder Will perform MIG and TIG welding as required based on production demands.
- Maintain welding equipment.
- Must handle material with care (no heavy scratches).
- When welding stainless steel must have proper PPE and must be under ventilated hood
- Perform work so that production requirements are met
- Ensure that all material whether in process or non-conforming is tagged as per applicable procedures.
- Notify Supervision if any protective material, equipment or device is missing or not functioning properly. Report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions.
- Work in compliance of the O.H.S.A. and site policies. Report all workplace incidents/accidents to your Supervisor. Use and wear the protective clothing, equipment or devices issued for protection and ensure that they are properly maintained
- Welder must be able to weld various metal substrates (e.g. steel, alum, stainless steel.) and all types of product parts
- Must have a general understanding of Quality Systems Requirements TS 16949
- Must be aware of quality, productivity and safety standards as it relates to the job being performed and ensure that they are consistently met.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Should be team oriented
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and welding experience are both assets to this position.
- Grade 12 education.
Those interested can submit a resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.