Who We Are:
Established in 1986, Ground Effects has grown to become a multi-faceted supplier of interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry. We are a global company, headquartered in Windsor, Ontario.
At GFX, we have created a culture that values long-standing employees and excellence in everything we do. Employees can expect to be a part of a great team that values safety and quality.
Who You Are:
Ground Effects is currently searching for Yard Maintenance team membersto join our Maintenance team in Windsor, Ontario.
In this role, you will be maintaining the grounds of our Plant facilities all year-round. You have prior yard work experience and enjoy working outdoors, no matter the season. You have excellent attention to detail, possess a positive health and safety attitude and are passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
What You Can Expect From the Role:
The responsibilities of the Yard Maintenance team member are as follows:
- Utilizing a plow (and hand shoveling) to perform snow removal in unexpected weather conditions.
- Clear sidewalks of debris, snow and ice.
- Ensure that any safety hazards in relation to the buildings or their contents are immediately reported to the Plant Manager and/or immediately taken care of.
- Landscaping / beautification activities as required.
- Will be working on the above-listed aspects at multiple plant locations.
- Work in compliance of the O.H.S.A. and site policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications and Skills Do You Possess?
- Ability to work flexible hours as well as extra hours as required.
- Must be aware of quality, productivity and safety standards as it relates to the job being performed and ensure that they are consistently met.
- Should be team-oriented.
- Experience in yard work an asset.
- Experience with a variety of hand and power tools relating to outside maintenance activities.
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver's license.
- Must be aware of Epicor log in and log out procedures.
- Grade 12 education required.
Other Important Details You Need to Know:
- Travel may be required.
- You must be able to conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Shift: Steady Days with the ability to work flexible hours and/or extra hours as required.
Are you ready to COME GROW WITH US?!
Submit your resume to Recruitment@gfxltd.com today!
Only the selected candidates will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in our organization!
Ground Effects Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.